Monday, October 17, 2011

operating systems


After figuring out what chip to use to build the new invention, I decided to progress on creating the invention.  The next step was to decide what operating system to use. An operating system is a piece of software that sits between your application and the hardware. It works from taking instructions from whatever you are doing within the software and putting it into your hardware and vice versa. There are many different types of operating systems that are used today. They include, Multi user vs. Single user, Multi-tasking vs. Single tasking, and Mobile O/S. After examining the different types of operating systems I decided that the best one to use would be the Mobile O/S system because this application is based off a phone which is most relatable to this operating system.  
I also decided that I would make this application and open source software. Open source is source code that you built is open to the public, someone can get this source code can edit and republish it with a different sourcecode. I decided to use this for my invention because I want people to be able to edit my invention and make it fit their needs best. If someone can not use the social media sites provided I want them to be able to use edit the system so that they can use it.
This open source is seen today on many applications on phones. On iphone, and androids you are able to create apps that fit your needs. Apple requires one to first be evaluated before allowing the app to be open to the public while google allows everything to be released. The application I am creating for this phone will be more like the iphone in where suggestions can be made with updates but I will first check them before sending them out to everyone else for I do not want people to get virus’s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment