Sunday, October 9, 2011

research on another blogger


            This week instead of writing a typical blog about how my invention is progressing, I decided to write about my competition in the blogging world. After thoroughly searching on google I stumbled upon an article, “40 bloggers to watch out for in 2011.” Upon reading the article I decided to research one of my up and coming competitors Jaime Tardy. Jaime Tardy is currently a business coach at Eventual Millionare. She once held positions such as a business coach at NEXT level business, project manager at EepyBird, LLc, and Project Manager at SeaChange International. She attended Rochester Institute of Technology and Coach University. She has won multiple awards such as StartUp Nation America’s 100 Best Home-Based Businesses Probloggers and Top 40 Bloggers to Watch in 2011.
            In order for me to fully understand my competition, I also needed to read through a few of her blogs in order to understand what she writes about and her style of writing. After scrolling through a few of her blogs I picked up on a few things that she incorporates in her blogs. First off, almost all of her blogs are interviews with millionaires. I also noticed that she includes both a written blog of the interview and the actual clip of the interview. This can attract more people because people these days often get lazy and do not feel like reading. By her having the actual clip it will attract way more people. I also noticed that on her first blog she has a picture of the person she is interviewing and his book.
            I will use the knowledge I learned from Jaime Tardy in order to better my blogs. Although it is hard for me to incorporate audio clips seeing as I am not doing interviews, I will bdvin to add more graphics because it makes the blog much more appealing. Also, its nice when the blogger focus’s on one topic. I know that I will always talk only about my new invention so that it makes the blog an easy read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment